Again things have been running a bit slow, but progress has been made. I created ‘L’ pieces to attach 65T3-2 to 65T3-1 L&R. I miss measured the first time and had to remake them. 2nd time worked great. I set the center rib assembly into the skin and cleco’d assembly in place. looks like a good fit. Next will be disassembling the unit and deburring the skin and all of the ribs. I will reassemble it after that with cleco’s. Then on to the horn assembly.
I cleaned up the shop today and stored the horizontal stabilizer until is needed. That cleared a lot of room on the work surface. I started the elevator today,
though I didn’t get a lot done on it I did get a pair of ribs deburred and marked the location of a couple of ‘L’ angels that will be attached soon. Keep tuned and you see the elevator take shape over the next 3 weeks or so.
Work continues… Slowly. I am wrapping up the Horizontal stabilizer… for now. I can’t do anymore more to the stabilizer until it is time to install it on the fuselage….. that will be a while. I know it looks like it might be missing something…. and you would be correct. It is missing the elevator which connects to the hinge on the back of the stabilizer. The elevator is next on the build schedule.
Here are a couple of pics of the stabilizer
This act would allow pilots of light aircraft not flying for hire to maintain their 3rd class medical with valid drivers licence. This would allow a lot of good pilots to continue to fly with a lot less expense and stress.