Dad came up from Tennessee to work on the plane last weekend. We did a decent amount of work even though it didn’t look like it.
- inspected the recently arrived wing kit and associated gear
- We trimmed and cleaned up the shorter elevator rib in front of the trim tab.
- Test fit trim actuator
- cut access for the trim actuator to connect the elevator to the trim tab.
- Riveted the bottom of the elevator together leaving the center uncompleted per directions.
- Test fit the elevator to the horizontal stabilizer. Elevator operated smoothly.
- Layed out hinge and drilled holes in the elevator to attach the elevator to the horizontal stabilizer.
- Pops deburred the newly drilled holes and is ready for the next step
Thanks for the help pops!
Here are some pictures